- Arvi Special School - Dindigul,
- Udayam Special School, Dindigul.
- Solai Special School, Dindigul
- Arvi Trust Special School, Theni
- Saranalayam Special School-Theni.
Services available at Special School.
- 6-18 years of Intellectually Challenged students are eligible.
- Speech Therapy
- Play therapy
- Music Therapy
- Developing special skills and abilities
- Transport facilities
- physical development - Ability to move, see, and hear
- language development
- Ability to talk, understand, and express needs
- social and emotional development - Ability to relate to others
- cognitive development - Ability to think and learn
The calendar of activities for the Special events for the year.
(The theme of the activities, scheduled for the month, might change but activities broadly cover learning through informed knowledge, experimentation and experiences with new things)
June -The Earth, Project - Health and Hygiene, Role Play-Cleanliness
July -Pollution, Project - Colours, Role Play-Kindness
August -Vegetables, Independence Day, Project - Vegetables, Role Play-Color Rhymes and Friendship
September - milk, Field trip, Celebrations- Ganesa chathurthi, Project-milk, role play wheels of the bus.
October -Golu (exhibition of dolls), Celebrations-Deepavali (Festival of Lights), Project - Shapes, Role Play-Hard Work
November -Forms of Land, Project - Flowers, Role Play-Health and Hygiene
December -Christmas, Project - Face Painting, Role Play-Forgiveness
January - Pongal Celebrations, Field Trip, Sports Day.
February -Animals, Food court, Role Play - Walking through the Jungle.
March -Birds, Project - People who help us, Role Play-Responsibility